Resources for the support of marginalized communities
Taking a stand is hard.
- Take on the struggle as your own
- Be Scared, if you need to be.
- Stand up anyway
- Use your privilege to support those without
- Know that your pain is different than others
- This isn’t about you.
- Be Aware of your biases
- Learn about the history of the struggles
- Learn how you participate in oppressive systems
- figure out how to change oppressive systems
- amplify the voices that need heard
- listen and accept criticism, even if it makes you uncomfortable
- don’t expect special treatment
- don’t compare your personal struggle with the systemic struggle of others
- don’t behave as if you know better than others
- don’t take credit for the work that came before you
- don’t assume
and stay safe.